With fall beginning and October around the corner (it’s starting next week you guys!), I’m getting into the holiday spirit! Maybe it’s just me, but every year October, November and December are crazy busy and then they’re over in a flash. I always imagine that we’re going to do all of these festive, fun things, but I fail to plan. My kids are 5 years old and 1 year old so the holidays are magical to them. Everything holiday themed is fun and their excitement is contagious! Taking every opportunity to make memories is a special part of this season. So I decided that this year I will be prepared! This will be our first holiday season in our new state of Texas and I think it’s a perfect time to start some new family traditions. I made a list of the things for our family to do together to create some sweet memories!
1. Carve a pumpkin
2. Study the life cycle of pumpkins and try to sprout some seeds
3. Bake a few fall treats (no one in my family is a big fan of pumpkin or apple desserts so I’ll be looking for some different ideas!)
4. Get creative with some fall crafting – found this one on Pinterest that I’d like to try https://livingwellmom.com/salt-crystal-leaves/
5. Make cinnamon play dough – gonna try this recipe https://www.naturalbeachliving.com/no-cook-natural-cinnamon-play-dough
6. Watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving while eating the traditional Charlie Brown thanksgiving meal (popcorn, jelly beans and toast!)
7. Pack a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child https://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/drop-off-locations/
8. Make a handprint thankful tree with Cruz (something similar to the one linked here) https://wunder-mom.com/thankful-treesadorable-craft-for-the-little-ones/
9. Go ice skating
10. See the lights at Vitruvian Parks https://www.addisontexas.net/index.php?section=tourism_special-events
11. Roast some marshmallows in our fireplace and make s’mores
12. Watch The Nutcracker and the Four Realms at the movie theater
13. Attend Christmas in the Square http://friscosquare.com/cits/
I’m so excited to start the fun and I’ll do some updates as we check things off the list!
Follow our family on Instagram @withkidsfamily